03 January 2011

Cumberland, Rhode Island Meteor Fireball 2JAN2011 3JAN2011

A person from Cumberland, Rhode Island wrote:
Cumberland RI January 2nd at 11:50 pm EST. I observed a huge fireball which appeared thousands of feet up the size of a street light. It hurled toward the ground and just before the treeline where I live, it went out. I have never seen anything like this ever. I have seen shooting stars pass in the sky but nothing this large hurling to the ground. I am still bewildered!


Another reader writes about an earlier 31DEC2010 Texas Meteor event!

Whitesboro, Texas Meteor Fireball 31DEC2010
Guest465 (guest):looking for a report over area of Whitesboro, Texas area on 12/31/2010 at 10:30pm Have 3 witness who show the object.

2 comments:

Myrna said...

I saw the same texas fireball from my location just west of Waxahachie, TX.

Anonymous said...

I also saw the meteorite fall in rhode island not clear exactly on the time but your description sounds accurate to me i've never seen anything that appeared to be so close...i also only lost sight of it after it hit the tree line

narragansett