02 March 2011

Minn. Green Meteor 7:25pm 1MAR2011

1MAR2011
Guest277 (guest) wrote:Just saw a green meteor NE of me in Kingston MN

Eagan MN 7:20pm Meteor 1MAR2011
We saw it yesterday around Eagan MN 7:20pm, we were on 35E going North towards St.Paul. It was blue.
Jenedee Canino


1MAR2011
Tanner Schaaf wrote: At about 7:25pm I saw a green meteor go down to my NE. I live in Kingston MN.  It had a SE to NW direction and it last for a a second and a half I would say.

Eric Lee Hansen wrote:pretty sure I just saw one 3/1/11 in the eastern sky out of Grand Rapids, MN. probably was about 7:25 sounds right.

Guest947 (guest) wrote: My husband and I saw a very large, green "shooting star" at about 7:20 on Monday night in Grand Rapids MI.Nobody else seems to have seen it, but it was a gorgeous sight!

Lancaster, Wisconsin
I was driving about 10 miles northwest of Lancaster, Wisconsin and saw a large slow moving falling star. It had a large glowing ball in front and a long tail in the back. It seemed to hang in the sky as it travelled slowly to the northwest of Grant county and disappeared. It was at about 7:20 P.M. on March 1, 2011. Awesome. Viewed by Judie Barnes.

Thank you all for your kind reports!

If anyone else saw this or other meteors please either email me or leave a comment in the comments.  Please give name, location, time, details of meteor sighting.  Thank you!  - Tokyo

LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw a green fire ball over NYC at the same time(time difference calculated with MN).
Hoping someone saw the same in NYC!!!

Anonymous said...

Duluth MN 3/1/2011 Approx. 7.20pm
Saw meteor streak from south horizon to north horizon. Ball was yellow-orange with a green tail. Visible for approximately 8 seconds. East side of Duluth driving north toward Two Harbors. Friend in east Duluth neighborhood also saw the same meteor while walking her dog.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I also saw a green meteor on Monday March 1st. Didn't check my specific time, but it was after 7 pm central time here in North Central Wi
near the Michigan border. Everyone's accounting of about 7:20 pm sounds right to me.
I was inside and a bright flash caught my attention and looked up to see in the NNW sky about 40 degrees above the horizon, a ball of green light streaking down towards the horizon......it left a great green trail behind it. I was amazed, and at first thought it might be a firework, but
the temps were close to single digits, so I ruled out people.
My first time to see such a brilliant ball of green!