01 March 2011

New York fireball 28FEB2011 and more meteors 27FEB2011

Vestal, New York fireball ~9:00pm EST 28FEB2011
I live in Vestal Ny. I saw a fire ball last night,just after 9 pm in the western sky. It was the size of a golf ball!Beautiful! -Tricia Valek

Girard PA large explosion in the atmosphere 1:00 am 28FEB2011
Guest567 (guest):Monday night at about 1:00 am there was a very large explosion in the atmosphere above Girard PA, it was all everyone was talking about the next day. I've never heard anything like it, I was waiting for my house to fly away. Everyone I've talked to for many miles was woken by it. One person was injured by a falling item. It shook houses for 30 miles around.Any other reports from this area?

Lima, Ohio Bright Blue Meteor ~0:00 am EST 27FEB2011
I live in Lima, Ohio in America. On late Saturday night/early Sunday morning (a few minutes past midnight EST) I was outside facing south. I was blessed to see what had to of been a big object in the sky that was moving south west at a pretty quick speed. It was a very cloudy night, but the object was bright blue and apparently was bright enough to see even behind the cloud blanketed night sky. I have never seen something like it before. It did not completely burn up like a shooting star. It kept right on moving until it was out of my sight. I saw it for about 2 to 3 seconds. It was amazing. My guess is that it was headed toward Texas. I wonder if anyone in the south west saw it? It was big and it was hauling butt. - Adam Spears


Cow Bay, Nova Scotia Canada ~6:15pm Atlantic time 27FEB2011
Saw object in the sky
Hi, my wife and I witnessed a strange object. Definitely not a plane, it was descending on earth across the sky. Had a bright red tail, looked like it might have had 2 tails. Tail did not stay in the sky as the object moved across, it wasn't a long tail either. The object moved slowly, we watched it for more than a minute. Neither of us have ever seen anything like it ever. - Craig Hamilton


Meteor in Utah Feb 27 , 2011

I'm just curious if you've had any reports of a meteor in Utah last night. I just happened to see a blue ball fall very fast about a golf ball size ( from my window) . I was facing South and saw it fall down towards the horizon, I actually got worried that it was going to hit the ground and explode. I'm not sure what it was so I'm hoping you might know. It was around 8 or 9 pm. Thanks. -Amy Kohler

If anyone else has seen the above you may leave your information in the comments.  Thank you all!

No comments: