29 November 2011

Austin, Texas Meteor 28NOV2011

Austin, Texas Meteor ~9:25 pm CST 28NOV2011
Approx 9.25pm tonight I viewed something I have never seen headed west to east above Cedar Park and Austin Texas.
I googled to see if anyone has seen this and found your site and a post from someone describing what they saw today and the description is the same except the post they sent is logged from this morning.  This thing was visible for a second or so it seemed to be close to the roofs of the homes it was so big I thought it might be a missile or some strange firework... An orange red and green trail that I wish I could rewind to see more of! Regards, Julian  Thank you Julian!

Any other sighting reports? Please report: Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 The Year of Meteors!